"The best teaching I've ever seen."
Northwest Director, Total Immersion
Miracle Swimming Licensed Instructor
Seattle, WA and Bozeman, MT
"Now that I'm a Miracle Swimming instructor,
all the guesswork is gone
from teaching afraid adults.
I can now say I'm an expert."
Discovery Swim School, Columbus, OH
Miracle Swimming Licensed Instructor
The moment a student overcomes fear of deep water, s/he knows how to swim.
In fact, overcoming fear and learning to swim are the same thing.
"I am humbled and awed."
American Red Cross Instructor Trainer
U.S. Navy/Airforce Joint Base, Charleston, SC
Miracle Swimming Trained Instructor
Why is Miracle Swimming needed?
There are two possibilities regarding whether or not
someone is afraid in water: either they are, or they're not. This means
that roughly half the world's population is afraid and half is not. If
they are not afraid, they can be successful with traditional lessons. That system is working and it is needed for half the world.
At the same time, we need to explode the number of classes for people who are afraid, who are not just underserved; they have never been served as a population at all with the exception of one or two swim schools that have specialized in this, such as Miracle Swimming. In the case of afraid adults, a different system from the traditional virtually must be used for them to learn. A massive population— 109 million adults in the U.S., alone— needs Miracle Swimming or
something like it in order to become
safe in water (learn to swim). Without both teaching systems, we leave at least half the world unsafe in water.
To make the whole world safe in water—each person reliable for his/her safety in pools, at the beach, in storms, in boats—we need to realize as a body of professionals that adults who are afraid in water commonly quit swimming lessons, and instructors don't really know why. To solve this problem, we need to look at it from a new angle: the student's. Miracle Swimming is that angle, proven irrefutably successful for 31 years and going strong.
As three instructors so powerfully put it,
"My students are suffering from what I don't know." - Sharon Powers, Powers Swimming, West Palm Beach, FL
"How do we get Miracle Swimming to the masses? My apologies to the thousands we've "taught" the old way." - John Thorburn, Jim Montgomery Swim School, Dallas, Texas
"I always wondered why some of my students just weren't getting it. Now I understand: I just wasn't teaching it!" - MaryAnn Bein, Blue Water Swim School, Piscataway, NJ
What will your new skills be as a Miracle Swimming Instructor?
- Understand what adult non-swimmers really want to know
- Create an atmosphere in class that's most conducive to fun efficient learning, which brings people back for more until they've learned everything
- Be successful with every single student
- Get your students to relax consistently and form a habit of relaxation in the water
- Teach adult non-swimmers how to be free and peaceful in deep water
- Have a grounded, sensible, true answer to every question adults ask about LTS
- Have a system that cannot fail, that has never once failed in 31 years and over 4000 students, that you can stand behind with utter confidence
- Be able to motivate your students to practice and look forward to it
- Have a money-back satisfaction guarantee
- Convey the nuts and bolts of relaxation and control in water and how to get there: it's not about telling people to relax! It's not about physical
skills. It is very simple.
It can be found by clicking here.
If you agree with that page, and you want to help adults learn to swim, you would be a fit to become a Miracle Swimming Instructor.
- Show students that though they think freestyle or learning to breathe is their next
step in LTS, first they actually need to understand how the water works
with their bodies and be able to remain in control. THEN, they can learn
strokes. You, as an instructor trainee, may undergo a transformation
to learn that, yourself!
Defining the Problem: What is missing from many swimming lessons for fearful adults today?
1. Instructors and students believe that knowing how to swim means knowing strokes.
2. Instructors and students believe that learning strokes helps adults to overcome their fear of water.
3. Students do not feel heard when they say, “Yes, I can stroke, but I don’t feel that I can swim because I’m still afraid in the
4. Students don't feel safe. Fear and panic are not discussed.
5. Students panic in class.
6. Students who quit are not asked why.
7. Students don't love their lessons.
8. Instructors think that if THEY think a student is safe, it's more important than the student's feeling safe.
9. Students leave class wondering if something is wrong with them.
Our 21st century system of teaching has ushered in a new era of teaching power and effectiveness.
Palm Springs, CA, November, 2014
Australia, January 30 - February 11, 2015
The information required to be virtually 100% successful as an instructor of beginners is found in the Conquer Fear Instructor Training. There are
now 54 people who know it worldwide. If you're serious about teaching
swimming or ending drowning in your community, this is the best place to
The Conquer Fear Instructor Training is material every swim instructor in the world should know: all of our licensees agree.
which students you are not reaching. Now find out why. Our 4000
students and 54 trained instructors worldwide ask, "Why isn't this the
way all swimming is taught?" Your students will learn to swim the
same way they learned to walk: naturally and comfortably. Our
technology has been tested and proven for 31 years. Watch your program
take off. See a 100% return on your investment within 4-5 months. You
can have 100% happy students.
Your students may only need to know how to
swim once: that's the time their lives depend on what they learned from
you in Miracle Swimming. No one quits Miracle Swimming lessons.
How does it work?
We found at Miracle Swimming that when a person overcomes fear, it is inevitable that he/she will learn to swim. In fact, they are the same thing. Has any adult you've taught--who was afraid in deep water--overcome their fear of the deep by learning strokes?
The Steps of Becoming A Licensed Miracle Swimming Instructor
Our training is open to swim school owners and swimming instructors
who have a plan to incorporate Miracle Swimming Classes into their program.
See the agreements you make with 21st Century Swimming Lessons, Inc. when
you become a Miracle Swimming Instructor.
2. Fill out and submit the
3. Choose a hands-on training to attend after your online training from
Await the results of your application (1-2 business days).
the Training Schedule.
4. If accepted, go to the Registration page 11-day or Registration Page
6-day. We'll send you the link to the online training.
Receive the keys to the Online training and take it. The online
16 lessons and it takes 30-35 hours to complete. We
yourself 5-6 weeks to complete it. It was finished by
great duress in 2 weeks. Test the material in the field as you learn.
Tim, in back, contemplates diving.
6. During the online training, read our book, Conquer Your Fear of Water and see our DVD, The Miracle
Once you pass the online training, attend the Hands-on training. This is
6 or 11 days long, the second
half of your training. Pass the hands-on training and you will become a new
Miracle Swimming/ Conquer
Bring these safety essentials to Swimming in your community:
- A series of steps of learning to swim that never fails*
- Increased participation in all swimming sports
- New possibilities for water safety
- The steps of healing fear, as opposed to managing fear
- A new paradigm of learning applicable to any learning
- Empowerment of swim instructors to succeed with all students
- Keeping pools open by increasing the number of people who love swimming
*and speeds up learning for all students
Could those be helpful to you?
"I've always felt badly that my adult students just weren't getting it. Now I know, I was just not teaching it. Just like MasterCard...priceless." -Mary Anne Bein, New Jersey swim school owner of Blue Water Swim
"It is completely the opposite of what traditional training represents.
I had only read about this system and not witnessed it several times
over, I would be skeptical as to its success. I have always been pushed,
and have been taught to do the same thing in order to produce results.
No amount of "pushing" can produce the results that your system does in
any of the swimmers I have seen through this program."
-Ian Thorburn, Dallas, TX, Trainee
Compare our trainings
6 Day Training: Online Training Plus 6 Days, Hands-on Training
Online plus 6 days Hands-on: $1699
Eight CEUs (Continuing Education Units) available from the University of Maine for the online and the 6-day Hands-on trainings together: add $115.
This learning requires reflection time. Your password is good for three months, so you can start early and have plenty of time to complete and review the online training before we meet.
Instructor Richard Schwarzenberger is a graduate
of MS Beginning and Next Step classes, himself.
Six MS graduates have become full-fledged instructors.
Online training, plus the 11 days of Hands-on during our Beginning and Next Step classes for adults afraid in water, $1999. See the entire transformation from afraid-to-get-face-wet to freedom in the deep.
Eleven CEUs (Continuing Education Units) available from the University of Maine for completing the Online and Hands-on 11-day Trainings: add $215.